Saturday, February 6, 2010

Self-intro



I started playing the piano since 4 years old. My parents enrolled me with Christofori Music School. I started with Little Mozart class. This class is for children who are 4 to 6 years old. My teacher has lots of patience. Hence I enjoyed going to her lesson. I joined Little Mozart for two years until I was 6 years old. I enjoyed my Little Mozart lesson very much as I have a very a patient teacher.


After Little Mozart class, I proceeded to Grade 1. I have to change to a new teacher because my Little Mozart teacher was unable to allocate a time slot for me.


This year I supposed to be in Grade 6. Due to my PSLE last year, I took a break to concentrate on my PSLE. Hence I am still in Grade 5. I have not taken my Grade 5 theory and practical examination.


Whenever I looked at a new piece of music scores, I am able to play it well immediately.


Besides English songs, I am able to play Chinese and Japanese songs. A few examples of the Chinese songs are Lian Ai-ing, Wo She Bu De Ni and many more. The English songs which I can play are Silent Night, Lady and The Tramp, Sonata Moonwalk, Carmen and many more. One of the Japanese song I can play is Doremon. Currently, I am practicing very hard for my Grade 5 piano exam. The songs which I am practicing now are: Vivace assai, Von fremden Landern und Menschen and In the Groove. I hope to score a distinction for my examination.


Music is my passion. Music is an instrument which helps us relax. I will practice my piano daily for 30-45 minutes. When I am feeling angry or upset, I will practice the piano longer. When I am listening to the song which I played it myself, I will feel happy again. Music helps us to release stress, keeps us calm and builds up our patience. When I am tired, I will also play the piano because it can keeps me awake. It entertains us and also gives us a peaceful mind. Depending on the momentum of the song, I find it brings us back to the world of our own.

No comments:

Post a Comment